BLACK TOURMALINE: NOVEMBER'S HEALING CRYSTAL
My crystal pick for the month of November is Black Tourmaline. With the holidays approaching it’s common to get anxious about spending time with family. In a lot of cases, unfortunately our families are the source of most of our subconscious programming, limiting beliefs and patterns that are not serving us. These can often get triggered when spending time with family. On top of that the stress of holiday travel can be a doozy. Black Tourmaline will take your negative anxious energy and turn it into positive energy with a lighter vibration. Associated with the root chakra, Black Tourmaline is also a very protective stone which repels and blocks negative energies and psychic attack.
Here are few tips to prepare for time with family:
- Create healthy boundaries
- Keep conversations positive. If someone brings up a topic of conversation you know will be negative or toxic kindly express that if they continue to talk about that subject that you can no longer engage.
- Keep time with toxic people limited. Know your limits. Explain in advance you will only be having dinner and will not be spending the night.
- Don’t be reactive. Take a deep breath and think before you react or say something you may regret. Avoiding alcohol will help you remain calm and level headed.
- You don’t have to eat everything someone cooks to be polite. If you have certain diet restrictions you can politely decline certain foods.
- Practicing breath-work during stressful travel or if any conflict happens when spending time with family. Escape to a bathroom, your car or quiet space for quick meditation/breath-work session to calm you down.
In addition, Mercury is now in Retrograde until November 20th which affects electronics, communication and travel. This could heighten miscommunications with family, derail travel plans, and our electronics could go haywire. Triple check your travel itinerary before traveling and avoid buying any new electronics during this time. Black Tourmaline is the perfect crystal for Mercury Retrograde as it has a calming effect when needed, grounding flighty or scattered energies into the earth. Carry Black Tourmaline in your pocket when traveling to help balance, harmonize, and protect all of the Chakras.
You can also use Black Tourmaline to protect against EMF's (Electronic Magnetic Frequencies) from cell phones and computers. I keep one at my desk near my computer and on my nightstand near my cellphone.
Remember this...your words, thoughts and emotions are the only thing you can control. Therefore you can intentionally create your reality and your future. Don't let negativity, low vibrating people, and situations create yours.